Engineered Products Company's Surface Mount Bracket (SMB) provides the Contractor with the ability to locate and install a 2-foot, 4-foot or 8-foot Fluorescent, or LED Narrow Body Linear Luminaire directly under a junction box to surface mount the luminaire to a ceiling or wall.
- Eliminates the cost and installation of a fixture whip and junction box cover plate.
- Reduces installation time and lowers labor cost.
- Provides a water and bug resistant seal that protects the critical area between the junction box's supply conductors and the luminaire. No adhesive sealant or gasket material is required.
- The finished installation of the luminaire will be more pleasing to the building owner without the fixture whip running across the ceiling.
- The SMB in combination with the Narrow Body Linear Luminaire maintains its UL Listing for "wet" location applications.
- Compliant with 2017 National Electrical Code: Article 410.24(B).
NOTE: The Surface Mount Bracket is a “factory installed” option and IS NOT available for Sale as an Accessory or for field retrofit. We will pre-drill a hole in the Narrow Body Luminaire housing at the designated “number” location shown in the following diagrams to facilitate pulling the supply conductors from the junction box and into the luminaire. Once the housing is pre-drilled, the fixture is considered a custom order and cannot be returned.
When adding the Surface Mount Bracket (Option Y) to your part number, always ensure corresponding number is included (e.g., Y, Y1, Y2, or Y3).