- EPCO is proud to announce the installation of 900 new solar panels on our roof. This significant investment in renewable energy will provide the following positive impacts:Reduced carbon footprint: Generating 500kW of renewable energy per year will significantly offset EPCO's carbon emissions, contributing to the fight against climate change.Energy independence: Eliminating dependence on… Read More
- EPCO, the premier wholesaler to Electrical Distributors and Contractors specializing in fixture whips, power whips, temporary and utility lighting, ground bonding, retrofit kit assemblies and custom fabrication services, is known for its commitment to giving back to the community. This year, we are celebrating the holidays with our 12 Days of Giving campaign.
For 12 days, EPCO will be… Read More
- The insulation of our home or business is not as noticeable during the warmer months of the year (Spring, Summer and Fall), and you probably will not notice any issues until sometime during the winter months.
For example, last February, I needed to replace a dimmer switch in a junction box located on an exterior wall. When I removed the faceplate cover, I could feel cold air pouring into the… Read More
- Lighting fixtures designed for use in health care facilities, must provide effective illumination and satisfy several demanding lighting and power requirements. Engineered Products Company’s (EPCO) Fixture Whips are the common thread among all health care and medical care facilities.
Throughout our years servicing the electrical marketplace, EPCO has manufactured well over 200+ fixture whip… Read More
- Switching from fluorescent-based lighting to LEDs is becoming a no-brainer. Improved lighting quality, significantly higher energy efficiency and reduced maintenance due to longer lifespans are all factors weighing in LED technology’s favor. However, the choice of which LED option to choose from, especially with the ubiquitous commercial office troffer, can be a bit more complicated. Whether to… Read More
- NFPA CODE CHANGE FOR 2022
A new guideline will take effect in January 2022 for our Illumination Control Fixture Whip (ICFW). This code change is in response to the 2020 Edition of National Fire Protection Association* (NFPA 70), Article 410.69. Just so you know, the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) changed the… Read More
- Product customization and pre-fabrication services is a time and labor-saving investment for Distributors and Contractors that have taken advantage of this service from EPCO. Why? Because our customization and prefabrication service are built exactly to Distributor and Contractor specifications to meet their application requirements.
GOOD PROJECT PLANNING
Prefabrication involves… Read More
- To follow up on the article from earlier this summer (Updated Vapor Tight Luminaires), some of the key takeaways mentioned in addition to our vapor tight lighting products configurability were:
“End-user” applicable LED Luminaires
Light fixtures using T5/T8 LED lamps
Fluorescent light fixtures (still relevant and manufactured)
Design Lights Consortium (DLC) Certification
The reference to… Read More
- by Allen Guidry, III Marketing Manager
So I received a call from a contractor that just opened a lighting retrofit business. He was retrofitting an old warehouse and the lighting system was strip-type light fixtures using old T12 fluorescent lamps. He told me the building owner was on a very tight budget and wanted to get the best sustainable lighting at the lowest possible cost. In… Read More