DESIGNED TO BE SAFE AND RELIABLE POWER CONNECTIONS ANYWHERE NEEDED
Engineered Products Company’s Splice Kit solution addresses virtually 90% of charging cable repairs an Electrical Contractor or Homeowner will encounter.
- Avoid the expense of purchasing a new EVSE Charging Cable.
- Easy to use, reliable, one-time mechanical connection.
- Provides a durable and sustainable, water-resistant seal.
- Protects the repair from dirt and moisture.
- Maintains the integrity of your EVSE Charging System.
EVSK-1 SPLICE KIT REPAIR CAPABILITY
Heat, humidity, damp, and wet locations are major external factors that cause the most damage to an EVSE charging cable. To avoid the expense of replacing this expensive EVSE charging cable, protect the integrity of the charging cable’s life by keeping it clean and dry.
The EVSK-1 Splice Kit can repair Level 1 and Level 2 Charging Cables:
- Level 1 Charging Cable - 120V. Accommodates 10, 12, 14, 16 or 18 AWG conductors within the charging cable outer jacket, primarily used in residential and for mobile applications.
- Level 2 Charging Cable – 240V. Accommodates 10, 12, 14, 16 or 18 AWG conductors inside the charging cable, popular in residential and commercial applications.
The EVSK-1 Charging Cable Splice Kit simplifies the repair of Level 1 or Level 2 Charging Cables, making the repair a quick, easy and reliable process. This Repair Kit includes:
- One (1), 4-position insulated mechanical connector
- Two (2) Stiffening Sleeves
- One (1) piece of Heat Shrink Tubing
- Eliminated epoxies
- Vinyl electric tape
- Separate mastics to re-bond the charging cable’s outer jacket
- Insulated Mechanical Connector
- Level 1 Charging Cable: 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 AWG Conductors
- Level 2 Charging Cable: 10, 12, 14, 16 and 18 AWG Conductors
EASY INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
- Remove and prepare the damaged EVSE Charging Cable for mechanical splice.
- Strip, trim, and insert the charging cable conductors into the brass connectors.
- Slide the Stiffening Sleeves and the Thick Heat Shrink Tubing over the new splice connection.
- Apply heat to the Thick Wall Heat Shrink Tubing to form a long-lasting, water-resistant seal.
- Insulated Mechanical Connector Rating: 600 Volts maximum
- Meets the requirements of the 2023 National Electrical Code: Articles 110.14(B) and 300.5(C)(E).
EPCO Warrants the products described herein, will be furnished free from defects in material and workmanship for 1 year. Any exceptions will be indicated on the product or product packaging. EPCO’s sole obligation for any breach of warranty under the terms herein shall be, at our option, to repair or provide replacement for the Product to which such warranty is breached, or to return all payments made with respect to such Product.
This warranty is void if this product is installed improperly or installed in an improper environment, overloaded, misused, opened, abused, or altered in any manner, or is not used under operating conditions or not in accordance with any labels or instructions.
The Purchaser in a written notice to Engineered Products Company’s Warranty Department must specify any Product(s) that is deemed to be defective within 1 year after receipt of such goods. Under no circumstances will Engineered Products Company be liable for loss of profits or incidental, indirect, consequential or special damages of any kind beyond the replacement cost of the defective merchandise.
Engineered Products Company shall not be liable for any losses arising from governmental action, an act of God, or the result of war, riot, strikes, civil commotion, sovereign conduct, or the act or conduct of any person or person not party to or associated with Engineered Products Company.