Article 220.54 Demand Factors for Household Electric Clothes Dryers
|Number of Dryers||Demand Factor (%)|
|12-23||47% minus 1% for each dryer exceeding 11|
|24-52||35% minus 0.5% for each dryer exceeding 23|
|43 and over||25%|
Where two or more single-phase ranges are supplied by a 3-phase, 4-phase feeder or service, the total load shall be calculated on the basis of twice the maximum number connected between any two phases.
Article 422.16 Flexible Cords.
(B) Specific Appliances.
(3) Wall-Mounted Ovens and Counter-Mounted Cooking Units. Wall-mounted ovens and counter-mounted cooking units complete with provisions for mounting and for making electrical connections shall be permitted to be permanently connected or, only for ease in servicing or for installation, cord-and-plug-connected.
A separable connector or a plug and receptacle combination in the supply line to an oven or cooking unit shall be approved for the temperature of the space in which it is located.
(4) Range Hoods. Range hoods shall be permitted to be cord-and-plug connected with a flexible cord identified as suitable for use on range hoods in the installation instructions of the appliance manufacturer, where all of the following conditions are met:
(1) The flexible cord is terminated with a grounding-type attachment plug.
Exception: A listed range hood distinctly marked to identify it as protected by a system of double insulation shall not be required to be terminated with a grounding-type attachment plug.
(2) The length of the cord is not less than 450 mm (18 in.) and not over 1.2 m (4 ft).
(3) Receptacles are located to protect against physical damage to the flexible cord.
(4) The receptacle is accessible.
(5) The receptacle is supplied by an individual branch circuit.
422.33: Disconnection of Cord-and-Plug Connected or Attachment Fitting-Connected Appliances.
(A) Separable Connector or an Attachment Plug (Attachment Fitting) and Receptacle. For cord-and-plug-(or attachment fitting-) connected appliances, an accessible separable connector or an accessible plug (or attachment fitting) and receptacle combination shall be permitted to serve as the disconnecting means. The attachment fitting shall be a factory installed part of the appliance and suitable for disconnection of the appliance. Where the separable connector or plug (or attachment fitting) and receptacle combination are not accessible, cord-and-plug-connected or attachment fitting-and-plug-connected appliances shall be provided with disconnecting means in accordance with 422.31.
(B) Connection at the Rear Base of a Range. For cord-and-plug-connected household electric ranges, an attachment plug, and receptacle connection at the rear base of a range, accessible from the front by removal of a drawer, shall meet the intent of 422.33(A).