*This employment opportunity is located in Estherville, Iowa*
Job Title: Warehouse Shipping/Receiving Lead - AM Shift
Compensation: $20/per hour
Benefits: 401K with Match, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision, Health Savings Account
The position is responsible for performing daily department tasks including, but not limited to, processing both paper and computer transactions, unloading freight, receiving products, picking products, preparing shipments/printing labels, and loading freight.
- Load and unload LTL, “Will-Call,” and local delivery trucks.
- Inspect product deliveries for damage and correct product.
- Verify product delivery counts and sign for the delivery amount only.
- Process purchase order receipts in the ERP system and complete all related paperwork.
- Pick product orders and complete packing slips, bill of ladings, shipping log/labels, and computer transactions.
- Process orders through the UPS system and complete appropriate paperwork and transactions.
- Package product in shipping packages.
- Ensure accuracy of the outgoing shipment.
- Follow the established guidelines for determining UPD or LTL shipments for each customer order.
- Clearly mark all product that is received and put away.
- Perform regularly scheduled cycle counts and compare the data to the system reports.
- Reconcile discrepancies/inaccuracies.
- Run reports from the company ERP system (Daily Cycle Count Report).
- Ability to assist in other areas as needed or required.
- Ability to lead other employees in the department as the department is expanded.
- All other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with coworkers and management at both facilities (MN and IA)
- Ability to operate industrial equipment safely and effectively (forklift certified is preferred).
- The ability to assess a situation, draw a valid conclusion and make sound recommendations and decisions.
- Able to effectively use basic ERP software systems.
- Must be able to operate the following equipment:
- UPS Meter
- Computer Terminal
- Pallet Jack
- Individual contributor. No direct reports at the time of hire. As the department is developed, this position will Lead processes and other shipping and receiving employees.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 70lbs on a regular, daily, but not constant basis.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, lift, push, pull and move about the facility.
- Ability to operate industrial equipment safely and effectively.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires 3-5 years of experience assisting with the oversight of processes in shipping/receiving, material handling, and operating industrial equipment with an understanding of completing basic system transactions and running reports.
All positions require working well with more than one department and individuals in various roles and working well independently to complete the essential functions required.
- WAREHOUSE AND PRODUCTION POSITIONS:
- Work will be performed in a warehouse/plant-type environment where temperatures may fluctuate.
- Responsibilities may require performing duties outside the warehouse, but exposure to severe weather and extreme conditions will be minimal.
- Must effectively work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee’s participation to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
- This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.