Job Title: Senior Maintenance Mechanic
Reports To: Manufacturing Manager
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Senior Maintenance Mechanic must possess a variety of manufacturing experience and a working knowledge of operating computer-controlled manufacturing equipment including CS-9 Automatic Stripper & Cutter Machines and Industrial Extrusion Machine. The ideal candidate would possess previous experiences/expertise in manufacturing processes such as mechanical systems, electrical systems, hydraulic presses, pneumatic systems, industrial controls, and general manufacturing equipment. This Sr. Maintenance Mechanic will maintain and repair electrical infrastructure, including basic PLC programming, electrical equipment installations, and circuit board replacements. Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a Senior Maintenance Mechanic role.
- Perform routine and emergency mechanical, hydraulic/pneumatic, and electrical maintenance. Troubleshoot, repair and replacement of components as required on machines to assure satisfactory operations with minimum down time.
- Work from drawings, mechanical and pneumatic/hydraulic prints, electrical diagrams, manufacturers’ printed instructions to troubleshoot and locate mechanical, and electrical problems in functional and control system. Adjust repairs or replace defective parts or materials. Perform routine preventative maintenance inspections of hydraulic/pneumatic valves, lines, connections, pumps and check micro-preventative maintenance schedule.
- Verify operation of machine sequence. Remove, clean and replace main feed screw and barrel as required. Inspect parts while disassembled. Replace worn out units. Rebuild hydraulic valves and pumps as necessary. Document all findings and measurements.
- Report immediately to Manufacturing Manager problems and unusual situations which cannot be resolved quickly.
- Observe all health and safety requirements and maintain work area in neat order and orderly condition.
- Determines changes in dimensional requirements of parts by inspecting used parts; using rulers, calipers, micrometers, and other measuring instruments.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques; monitoring compliance.
- Use outside source to fabricates needed parts.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintain safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Supervisory experience required.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- Vocational/Technical degree required.
- Very strong electrical knowledge and understanding of manufacturing equipment, machinery, and systems.
- Ability in math and an understanding of engineering drawings and principles.
- The ability to work quickly and under pressure.
- Valid forklift certificate helpful.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Able to read complex electrical schematics and hardwire prints.
- Able to wire to hardwire prints and troubleshoot electrical systems.
- National Electrical Code (a plus).
- Multiple meters and amp probe.
- Basic understanding of and ability to repair or replace: belt drives, gear boxes, gibs, hydraulic units, pumps, cylinders, pneumatic systems, chain drives, bearings, bushings.
- Troubleshoot PLC’s and CNC’s.
- Diagnostics of equipment utilizing PC programs for the efficient repair.
- Understanding of electrical test equipment.
- Understanding of PC interface to various controllers.
- Understands and applies predictive and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Develops, performs, and improves preventative maintenance tasks.
- Identify repetitive failures and implements corrective actions.
- Requires ability to effectively read, write and verbally communicate in English.
- Requires ability to work independently under general guidelines and supervision.
- Requires computer skills and word processing, spreadsheet and software capabilities.
- Requires effective interpersonal skills as demonstrated through prior experience.
- Above average organizing, analyzing and a minimum of Level 3 math skills (ratios, proportions, basic algebra) to determine organizational Customer and regulatory problems to formulate corrective action plans.
- Able to adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- 3 years as a Senior Maintenance Mechanic required.
- Must have 5 – 10 years of maintenance mechanical manufacturing experience; and specialized training in related field.
- Requires normal hearing range sufficient to hear alarms, bells, horns, etc.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employ.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
*Our organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Go to our Zip Recruiter Link for this position and apply: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/engineered-products-company
When applying for this position applicants MUST submit the following:
- Compensation Requirements
- Business References