Job Title: Regional Sales Representative
Compensation: Pay is commensurate with experience and will consist of a base + commission program.
Benefits: Life, 401K, Vision, Medical, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are seeking a Regional Sales Representative to oversee a defined network of independent sales rep agencies in the eastern region of the U.S. This position is responsible for assisting with managing the sales activities of the Manufacturer’s Representatives (MR) towards the successful achievement of the corporate and regional marketing and sales objectives. The primary focus of this position is to successfully increase sales and market penetration at the rate established by the annual business plan goals.
- Exceed corporate and regional sales objectives.
- Hire, direct, train and motivate assigned MR Sales Team.
- Assist MR in the development and execution of their annual sales plan.
- Understand and communicate the current competitor conditions in the field.
- Communicate with Production, Accounting, Marketing, and Inside Sales to achieve complete customer satisfaction.
- Spend a minimum of 75% of time in the field working with the MR.
- Maintain a positive and ongoing business relationships (both internal and external).
- Manage and assist with distributor shows and training; as well as participation in all trade shows in the region.
- Initiate changes in any territory where a particular MR is not performing to the agreed upon standards. Initiate search and interviewing process to secure a replacement.
- Assist in identifying new product and promotional opportunities within the region and communicate these to the company.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times and promote professionalism and goodwill within the distributor network.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must live in Minnesota and work out of our Minnetonka location.
- 3 – 4 years’ experience managing sales manufacturer representatives (MR) in a territory ( or similar duties/roles)
- Requires the ability to travel by car, plane and other methods of transportation to assigned territories at least 75% of the time.
- Technical background with an understanding of the electrical and/or lighting market helpful.
- Ability and past experience building and supporting business relationships.
- Familiarity with CRM platforms.
- Proficiency with computer programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Team player who enjoys collaborating with others to fulfill company sales and profitability goals.
- Deadline and detail oriented.
- Hands-on individual who is ambitious and confident.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee's responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.