*All employment opportunities are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Production Lead – PDU Cables Division 2nd Shift (www.pducables.com)
Reports To: PDU Production Supervisor
Exempt / Non-Exempt: Non-Exempt
The Production Lead is to assist with the planning, scheduling, and execution of the daily production line activities. This position is responsible for maintaining organized production flows, while safely producing a high-quality product in the most efficient way possible. The Production Lead is responsible for providing effective training to the production assemblers and ensuring safety and quality standards are maintained. This position will serve as a key point of contact for assemblers and will be responsible for gathering and assisting with the communication of relevant information within the production environment. This person may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth in this general job description.
- Perform production assembly duties.
- Distribute workload evenly among production assemblers.
- Enforce and adhere to established standards, policies and procedures.
- Provide training and tools to assemblers to assist with developing their skill levels and ability to work at various job stations.
- Monitors labor, hours worked and schedules to ensure labor variances are controlled and employees are on time.
- Communicate team production goals, motivate the team to meet established goals, and provide tools to assist with accomplishing these goals.
- Assist with resolving production and employee related issues.
- Help with planning the needs of production.
- Motivates and inspires team members.
- Lead by maintaining exemplary behavior.
- Build trust among the team and others by maintaining open lines of communication, being fair with the team and others and applying policies consistently and unilaterally.
- Treating everyone equally, displaying no real or perceived favoritism towards any one team member.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- Be respectful and courteous to all team members.
- Follows directions given by management.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Strong leadership and training skills.
- Previous experience overseeing (10)+ employees working at (9) different workstations.
- Able to effectively and professionally communicate in English; both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to constructively critique, assess, develop, and motivate others.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Proactive problem-solving ability.
- Must be highly reliable and motivated.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to multi-task and work with frequent interruptions.
- Must have excellent customer service skills and a solid work ethic.
- Must be a team player.
This position requires the ability to independently lead and train a production shift and team of up to (10) people.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed or required to assist with the performance of the activities described.
- Able to work on a production line that requires standing for 95% of the work day.
- This job may be physical at times and can require the ability to lift/push/pull/carry 75-100 lbs on an inconsistent basis.
- Must be able to work at a computer station for completing data entry tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 18 months previous experience as a production lead.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working in a production and/or manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge and ability to apply Lean Manufacturing and ISO methodologies.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed or required to assist with the performance of the activities described.
- Must be able to function in (2) types of environments, as this job may require the employee to work both in a production environment leading assemblers and assembling cables and sitting in an assigned cubicle completing data entry and computer work.
- Must work well both as a team player and independently.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employ.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Apply on Zip Recruiter: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/8f317a8e
Please contact Amy Karrow, Human Resources Manager for additional information on how to apply for any of our open positions: