*This employment opportunity is located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Production Lead - PDU Cables Division 2nd Shift (pducables.com)
Compensation: $20 Hourly ***$1,000 HIRING BONUS***
Benefits: Life, 401K, Vision, Medical, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift: 2nd Shift (Typical Start Time 1:00PM)
Reports To: Power Cables Supervisor
***$1,000 HIRING BONUS***
Responsible for assigning work direction and training staff to meet established quality standards and customer expectations required within the department.
Working lead that is responsible for the following duties:
- Cable assembly, assigning daily work duties to staff, and ensuring orders are completed according to quality standards, specifications, and due dates.
- Assisting with the supervision of production staff as needed when the supervisor is not present.
- Calculating production labor logs as required.
- Training new and existing employees on efficient production assembly techniques.
- Communicating and enforcing company policies and procedures with the team.
- Working with the supervisor to maintain expected labor costs by monitoring staffing, hours worked, and overtime.
- Verifying that orders entered by sales are accurate and following up with any necessary corrections or clarifications to ensure customer needs are met.
- Maintaining tools and equipment.
- Maintaining department safety standards.
- Participating in establishing process and quality improvements in the PDU production area.
- Coordinating and motivating employees individually and as a team to meet department and company goals.
- Assisting project engineers as needed on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of one (1) year previous experience working in an assembly/manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of the company's enterprise resource management system.
- Ability to understand, communicate and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form with co-workers and management.
- Ability to follow as well as provide effective written and verbal job instructions.
- Must be able to correctly differentiate and identify a wide range of colors used in the power cables/wire/conduit.
- Solid comprehension and experience with the proper and safe use of automatic equipment and hand tools.
- Ability to assemble cable orders using established guidelines and procedures.
- Able to effectively use basic computer software systems.
- Ability to perform basic mathematics involved in work orders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee's responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout their employment.
- Employees are always required to abide by company safety procedures to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must always be worn while performing job duties that require the use of PPE. This includes PPE related to protecting employees against COVID-19.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
- This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as establishing an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are employed at will.
Job Type: Full-time
The company has implemented the requirement of wearing masks, staggered breaks, physical barriers, and health screenings.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Click to Apply online at Zip Recruiter!
About PDU Cables:
ABOUT PDU CABLES
LOCATIONS IN: *MINNETONKA, MINNESOTA & *ESTHERVILLE, IOWA
Established in 1981, PDU Cables is an independent cable assembly company that is the leader in quality and innovation.
Our mission is to provide superior customer service, knowledge, and value at PDU Cables while exceeding the expectations of our data center design and construction partners. PDU is the preferred supplier of UL Listed under-floor cable assemblies, the AirGuard Cable Seal product line, and other complementary products.
We are an award-winning organization with an experienced group of employees in all divisions who excel in their individual roles by meeting the company’s goals and team metrics. Our employees are considered leaders, achievers, and individuals who strive to perform at their very best each day! We appreciate the fact that you have considered our organization as a potential employer, and we are looking forward to having the opportunity to meet with you!
For more information, check us out at:
WEB: www.pducables.com and www.engproducts.com
PDU Cables is a division of Engineered Products Company
Engineered Products Company (EPCO) is the premier brand supplier of specialty products to Electrical Distributors and Contractors. EPCO has supported the electrical industry since 1976 by supplying a broad range of standard and unique consumables for commercial, industrial, residential, and agricultural buildings.
Our company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.