*This employment opportunity is located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Production Lead
Compensation: $20-$21 Hourly ***$1,000 HIRING BONUS***
Benefits: Life, 401K, Vision, Medical, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
***$1,000 HIRING BONUS***
Responsible for leading and training employees on the Whip Line and Packaging on Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Work. Performing daily operation, set-up, and some preventive maintenance of wire cutting, conduit cutting, and wire processing equipment when needed. Also, closing jobs, fixing negative inventory issues, printing labels, and perform other leadership tasks to ensure coverage and backup for Supervisor. Additionally, the Lead is accountable for ensuring that the production scheduled for completion is executed on time and within the quality parameters. This is a working Lead position, so most of the duties will be on the Production floor. Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Operate machines in the wire room, wire cutters, and conduit cutters as needed to fulfill daily orders.
- Ensure the quality of the product being processed meets the established standards.
- Perform quality inspections and maintain quality inspection logs or other required records.
- Perform basic computer functions in the company ERP System as required.
- Maintain a clean working environment by cleaning the entire work area at the end of each shift.
- Work well with other team members in the area and other work cells to ensure production needs are met.
- Ensure machines are in proper working order. Report all issues to maintenance.
- Maintain safety standards and personal protective equipment.
- Ensure the safety and productivity of all employees in the assigned area.
- Enable effective communications between management and operators.
- Train new employees and existing employees on Standard Operating Procedures and Standard Work.
- Maintain a clean and safe workplace following the 5S protocol.
- Report all incidents to immediate Supervisor (spills, accidents, poor performance).
- Suggest and implement cost-savings ideas.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS:
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently without a lot of direction from a supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic equipment operations and specifications.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Detailed working knowledge of all Wire Room, Wire Cutting, and Conduit Cutting Machinery.
- Ability to motivate others to meet demands established by the schedule.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Basic Math skills.
Backup Supervisory when absent.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry 0-45 lb. on an inconsistent basis.
- Must be able to stand and physically move from machine to machine for a period of up to (8) eight hours a day to ensure they are correctly operating.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Six months of previous experience as a machine operator is required for the entry-level position.
- Technical skill, mechanical aptitude necessary.
- Mechanical or machine technician certification a plus.
- Production Lead experience preferred.
All position requires the ability to work well with more than one department and individuals in various roles and work well independently to complete the essential functions required.
WAREHOUSE AND PRODUCTION POSITIONS:
- Work will be performed in a warehouse/plant-type environment where temperatures may fluctuate.
- Responsibilities may require the performance of duties outside the warehouse, but exposure to severe weather and extreme conditions will be minimal.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee's participation to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Click to Apply online at Zip Recruiter!
About Engineered Products Company:
Engineered Products Company is an award-winning family-owned organization with over 40 years of experience in the specialty electrical environment. We have an experienced group of employees in all divisions who excel in their individual roles by meeting the company goals and team metrics. All of our employees are considered leaders, achievers, and individuals who strive to perform at their very best each day!
We offer our full-time employees:
- A great work environment
- A family-owned company with over 40 years of experience
- 401K with a company match
- Profit-sharing bonuses for non-sales manager roles
- Aggressive commission plans for regional sales managers
- Medical plans with an accompanying health savings account
- Dental benefits
- Voluntary vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short /long-term disability plans.
If you are a hard-working, quality-driven self-starter who has the work ethic and drive to be a part of our team and you have the required experiences we need to fill our open positions, please apply immediately!
We appreciate the fact that you have considered Engineered Products Company as a potential employer, and we are looking forward to having the opportunity to meet with you about becoming a part of our family!
Engineered Products Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.