*All employment opportunities are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Production Expeditor
Shift: 8:30AM – 5:00PM
Employment Type: Full-Time
Compensation: $18 to $21 Hourly
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Production Expeditor is responsible for daily processing, distribution and expediting of production orders and label information. Responsible for assisting with key daily scheduling tasks when the Master Scheduler is absent. Responsible for working with the supervisor to ensure production requirements are met daily. Responsible for performing various production line assembly duties as needed, in accordance with the procedures established for assembly operations.
- Creating, assessing for accuracy, printing and distributing labels and/or jobs used to process customer orders.
- Processing and printing labels using the established computer programs and software.
- Accurate closing and allocation of jobs to appropriate cells daily.
- Daily review of open sales orders to ensure each order is progressing properly.
- Check production lines for proper components and count quantities.
- Check inventory status on component products.
- Communicate any order, label or system problems to the production supervisor.
- Ensure the quality of the product being processed meets established standards by performing quality inspections and maintaining quality inspection logs.
- Maintain tools to ensure good working condition. Report all defects.
- Maintain cleanliness of assigned work areas in accordance with established standards.
- Maintaining OSHA & Company standards related to Hazardous Communication Programs & MSDS documentation.
- Monitor job orders and requirements.
- Report all safety issues to supervisor for immediate corrective action.
- Regular and consistent attendance is extremely important and required.
- Work in assigned areas as need or assigned by supervisor.
- Fill in for Master Scheduler.
- Maintain and improve execution of production assignments.
- Review and distribute supplies and shipments in a timely manner.
- Confer with other departments to determine progress of work and completion dates.
- Compile reports on costs and inventory levels.
- Review and communicate production status reports.
- Serve as point of contact between production and planning teams.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- 24-36 months experience in inventory, production scheduling and/or similar roles requiring similar experience.
- Ability to work as a “team member” to accomplish daily tasks.
- Intermediate independent skills using computers and Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
- Intermediate knowledge and a minimum of twelve (12) months previous experience using an ERP system.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the inter-related processes of production, shipping, inventory, sales and the customer/end-user.
- The ability to perform repetitive assembly operations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English; both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge and ability to execute and comply with safety standards, processes and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff and management.
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems and resolve issues effectively.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 45 lbs on a regular, daily, but not constant basis.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, lift, push, pull, and move about the facility.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate industrial equipment.
- Ability to perform computer related tasks at a work-station.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a minimum of 24 months previous experience working in a multi-faceted assembly environment and a minimum of 24-36 months previous experience working as an expeditor.
- Intermediate skills using computers and Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- 12 months previous experience using an ERP system as a part of a work process.
- Previous experience in production, planning, or other related fields.
- Requires computer skill, ERP, Word, Excel, data entry.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to work and multi-task.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be functional in Outlook.
- Ability to work well in teams.
- Able to effectively problem solve.
- Experience with inventory and inventory cycles.
- Work will be performed in a warehouse/plant type environment.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee’s participation to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
*Our organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Apply here: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/engineered-products-company-658cb87d/production-expediter-6d972c1c