*All employment opportunities are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Sales Representative – PDU Cables Division (www.pducables.com)
Compensation: $40,000 Annually (plus commission)
Reports To: Regional Territory Manager (RTM)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
ABOUT PDU CABLES
PDU cables is a Division of Engineered Products Company. Engineered Products (EPCO) is a privately held company with small business values, that is experiencing tremendous growth within its PDU Cables division.
PDU Cables is a manufacturer of quick-turn electrical assemblies out of its Minnetonka Minnesota plant for the Mission Critical market. PDU Cables has over 35 years of experience as a leader in the power cable assembly industry. We are a team of approximately 100 employees, but we see ourselves more as a family. As we continue to grow, we want to add individuals to our peer group that appreciate our type of organization! Check out PDU Cables at www.pducables.com.
The primary focus of this position is to increase assigned territory sales goals and market penetration through account management, relationship building, and calling on prospects.
- Increase assigned territory sales goals and market penetration through account management, relationship building, and calling on prospects.
- Assist the RTM with exceeding corporate and regional sales objectives.
- Concentrate focus on designated states within the territory, understanding prospects and projects.
- Support end user, contractor and co-location sales to obtain new customer goals.
- Manage and grow assigned active accounts.
- Reactivate dormant accounts.
- Attend territory and national trade shows as needed.
- Represent PDU Cables in a professional manner and promote professionalism and goodwill within the Power Distribution Cabling market.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of (2) years working in a sales support, technical sales, or general sales role.
- Self-starter that demonstrates initiative.
- Technical aptitude with the ability to learn the product line, components and technical terms.
- Comfortable networking on a professional level to engage clients and build relationships.
- Ability to build and maintain strong personal external and internal relationships.
- Ability to assess a situation, ask the appropriate questions, and present a solution.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with using various types of computer software, systems and programs, including: Word, Excel, Outlook, ERP’s, etc.
- Ability to learn and effectively use a Windows based ERP system (SYSPRO).
- Regular and consistent attendance is required along with occasional travel.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed or required to assist with the performance of the activities described.
- Requires the ability to travel by car, plane and other methods of transportation as needed.
- Requires the ability to work in an office/cube space on a consistent and daily basis.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years sales related experience.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed or required to assist with the performance of the activities described.
- Must be able to perform work related duties onsite in an office environment in accordance with established company policy.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employ.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
- This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
- Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind.
- All employees of the company are employed at-will.
- No relocation package or options to telecommute for this role. Job requires working from our location in Minnetonka, MN.
- $40K in base plus up to $15,000 potential commission to start.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Send resumes to email@example.com or apply at https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/c85e0351