*All employment opportunities are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Production Assembler – 1st and 2nd Shift for PDU Cables Division (www.pducables.com)
Report To: Power Cables Lead and PDU Cables Supervisor
Shifts and Starting Rate:
- $13.49 per hour – 1st Shift – Start Time 5:00am
- $14.49 per hour – 2nd Shift – Start Time 1:30pm
This position is responsible for assembling power cables in accordance with established standard operating procedures, quality & safety regulations, and company metrics and goals. Requires the ability to work well independently and with a team of production assemblers in various work cells. Must have previous experience properly using hand tools and power tools.
Proper assembly of all parts of the power distribution units is required to ensure safety and quality standards are met; and electrical hazards such as explosion, fire, and arc hazards are avoided for the end-user.
- Perform direct labor duties assigned by the Power Cable Lead including the assembly of power cables in accordance with established specifications.
- Follow safety and quality standards.
- Use automatic equipment and hand tools effectively and safely as a part of the cable assembly process.
- Use proper torque settings for each type of receptacle assembled during the production process using the reference guide and by asking the supervisor or lead for guidance.
- Assemble all products according to established guidelines and very high quality standards.
- Maintain or exceed labor requirements.
- Operate a forklift once properly trained and certified.
- Assist other warehouse departments as required or directed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Read work order and understand the requirements for assembling each individual cable.
- Ability to identify colors.
- Perform basic mathematics and measuring (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division; use a ruler to measuring lengths and widths accurately).
- Use automatic equipment and hand tools effectively and safely as a part of the assembly process.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 75 lbs (intermittent basis).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods throughout the day consistently.
- Ability to use hand tools and power tools; able to grip, hold push, pull, measure, use a ruler, assess lengths, colors, wire gauges.
- Ability to read and understand PDU build instructions.
- 6 months previous assembly experience required.
- Production Assembly Technician certification or similar education certificate preferred, but not required.
- Ability to work in a fast paced warehouse environment as a team and independently.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Having reliable transportation will be essential for this role as the bus routes and other public forms of transportation are limited and will not meet scheduling requirements for this position.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
Positions are open immediately, permanent hire opportunities after required hours are met. FULL TIME BENEFITS after waiting period is met! APPLY NOW!
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Apply by calling Jodie Anselmo in Human Resources at 612.930.9396; or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: “Resume for PDU Production Assembler”