*All employment opportunities are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Material Handler (2) Shifts Available
Compensation: $18.50 hourly
Benefits: Life, 401K, Vision, Medical, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
***$2,000 HIRING BONUS***
Responsible for the administration of Bin Management systems in the company's ERP System. The Materials Handler is responsible for putting material into its designated location and will work to ensure that defined "Normal Bins" are stocked per the Bin Management System and the Bin Replenishing Report. The Material Handler will also move finished goods from manufacturing and packaging to their assigned stock bins and overflow areas on time along with maintaining accurate inventory.
Material Handler - (2) Shifts Available!
- Maintaining an organized and accurate on-hand inventory.
- Respond to Normal bin shortages to support the shipping department.
- Coordinate with Shipping, Manufacturing, and Purchasing to resolve system or procedural issues.
- Move inventory from receiving into the REC bin to stock and manufacturing.
- Restock the Normal Bins per the Bin Replacement Report.
- Move designated products from production to stock.
- Enter quantity adjustments as needed to maintain an accurate inventory.
- Perform file maintenance regularly to ensure a constant flow of materials to the Normal Bins.
- Complete cycle counts to ensure inventory accuracy and maintain records of any inaccuracies for the continuous improvement process.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required for this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Requires working knowledge and the ability to use an ERP and MRP System.
- Requires general knowledge of standard inventory management practices.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing with staff and management effectively.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate industrial equipment including, but not limited to, forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Ability to assess a situation, draw a valid conclusion, and make sound recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to use basic computer software systems and Email.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 65 lbs. on a regular, daily, but not constant basis.
- Regularly required to independently sit, stand, reach, lift, push, pull, and move about the facility for 95% of each shift worked.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate industrial equipment, inclusive of a forklift and pallet jack.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a minimum of one (24) year of previous experience working in a similar position dealing with inventory and material handling for a mid-sized manufacturing environment.
- Requires a minimum of (36) months of experience safely operating a forklift.
All position requires the ability to work well with more than one department and individuals in various roles and work well independently to complete the essential functions required.
WAREHOUSE AND PRODUCTION POSITIONS:
- Work will be performed in a warehouse/plant-type environment where temperatures may fluctuate.
- Responsibilities may require the performance of duties outside the warehouse, but exposure to severe weather and extreme conditions will be minimal.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee's participation to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee's responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout their employment.
- Employees are always required to abide by company safety procedures to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must always be worn while performing job duties that require the use of PPE. This includes PPE related to protecting employees against COVID-19.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
- This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as establishing an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of the company are employed at will.