*All employment opportunities are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Material Handler
Hours Worked: 11:00am - 7:30pm
Compensation: $14 to $15 hourly
Benefits: Life, 401K, Vision, Medical, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Perform daily material handling tasks including, but not limited to; order pulling and paper/computer processing tasks, loading/unloading, assisting in other areas as needed. Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position. The ability to work well independently on 2nd shift and complete expected task on a daily basis-required.
- Pull product for orders and complete packing slips, bill of ladings, shipping log, etc.
- Load LTL and Will Call trucks.
- Run orders through UPS machine and process appropriate paperwork.
- Package product in shipping packages.
- Ensure accuracy of outgoing shipments.
- Follow given guidelines for determining UPS or LTL shipments for each customer order.
- On a daily basis, process paperwork involved in processing both UPS and LTL shipments.
- Maintain overall appearance, cleanliness, neatness, etc. in shipping/receiving area.
- Provide communication to management when daily tasks cannot be accomplished in a regular work day.
- Repackaging slip filled out and product transferred for repackaging.
- Provide back-up for all shipping/receiving function.
- Enter transfer order for inventory transfers to subcontractors and agent warehouses.
- Receive transfer orders and process paperwork.
- Pull appropriate inventory to deliver to subcontractors.
- Aisle cleanliness/bin cleanliness and trash removed daily. Also a follow up on the weekly inspections.
- Other duties as assigned. Required to work in other areas of shipping and receiving as needed or directed.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to safely and effectively operate a forklift; we will provide onsite training and certification for our forklifts once hired.
- Must be able to work efficiently on an independent basis.
- Ability to communicate effectively and proficiently in English both verbally and in writing.
- Able to learn how to use the company's computer system (ERP/MRP experience).
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 70 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to drive and properly operate a forklift.
- UPS Meter
- Computer Terminal/ERP/MRP systems
- Pallet jack
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 24 months previous experience in material handling, a warehouse shipping clerk position, or similar type working experience(s) is required.
- Work will be performed in a warehouse/plant type environment. Responsibilities may require the performance of duties outside the warehouse, but exposure to the elements will be minimal.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee's participation in order to complete the task. Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employee must be flexible with scheduling and their availability.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee's responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?