*This employment opportunity is located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Machine Operator
Compensation: $18 Hourly
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift: 8:00am - 4:30pm (swing shift)
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Vision, Medical
The Machine Operator is responsible for performing the daily operation of the wire cutting and processing equipment. Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
Responsible for the daily set up and operation of the wire processing equipment and machines/other equipment as assigned
- Operate wire room machines and equipment safely and efficienty to fulfill daily orders.
- Ensure the quality of the product being processed meets the established standards.
- Perform quality inspections and maintain quality inspection logs or other required records.
- May be required to perform basic computer functions to operate the machine or use the company ERP System as required.
- Maintain a clean working environment by cleaning the entire work area at the end of each shift.
- Work well independently and with other team members to ensure production needs are met.
- Ensure machines are in proper working order. Report all issues to maintenance and supervisor/manager.
- Maintain safety standards and personal protective equipment.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently without a lot of direction from a supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic equipment operations and specifications.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry 0-45 lb. on an inconsistent basis.
- Must be able to stand and physically move from machine to machine for a period of up to (8) eight hours a day to ensure they are properly operating.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 6 months previous experience as a machine operator required.
- Basic technical skills & a mechanical aptitude are necessary.
- Mechanical or machine technician certification is a plus but not required.
- Work will be performed in a warehouse/plant-type environment; minimal exposure to the elements.
- The work environment may require the employee to wear established personal protective equipment, including hearing protection. See supervisor for specific requirements of the assigned work area. COVID19 PPE and other established mitigation protocols will be required as the business requires.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods throughout the entire workday. (6-8 hours)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced warehouse environment in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee’s participation to complete the task. This position also requires the ability to work well independently.
- Employee must have reliable transportation and be able to get to and from work on a daily basis with a schedule that may vary.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
*Our organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.