*This employment opportunity is located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Machine Operator
Compensation: $15 Hourly
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Production Supervisor
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Vision, Medical
The Machine Operator is responsible for daily operation, set-up and preventive maintenance of wire processing equipment and machines/other equipment as assigned. Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position. This position will also be responsible for troubleshooting mechanical issues, performing changeovers and setups of machines, and making adjustments and repairs of machines.
- Maintain and assist with minor repairs for wire processing equipment and machines.
- Perform preventive maintenance on wire processing equipment and machines, to include documenting and updating maintenance files.
- Process wire for the assembly department production lines and pigtail production needs.
- Ensure the quality of product being processed.
- Perform quality inspections and maintain quality inspection logs.
- Maintain and update computer related areas on a daily basis to include the following:
- Perform bin transfers.
- Maintain work orders.
- Perform on-hand details for specified part numbers.
- Maintain a clean working environment by cleaning entire work area at the end of each shift.
- Maintain safety standards and personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Possess mechanical aptitude.
- Proven work history that demonstrates machine operation and repair skills.
- Ability to learn general repair and maintenance of machines.
- General knowledge of maintenance and repair of machines.
- Ability to work independently without a lot of direction from a supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and management.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic equipment operations and specifications.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
None – No direct reports
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 65 lb. on a regular, but not constant basis.
- Must be able to stand and physically move from machine to machine for a period of up to (8) eight hours a day in order to ensure they are properly operating.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 24 Months previous experience with machine operation, maintenance and repair required. Must be able to basic maintenance and repairs of machines independently once taught the proper procedures.
- Work will be performed in a warehouse/plant type environment; exposure to the elements will be minimal.
- Work environment may require employee to wear established personal protective equipment. See supervisor for specific requirements of assigned work area.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to work in a fast paced warehouse environment in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee’s participation to complete the task. Will also require the ability to work well independently.
- Employee must have reliable transportation and be able to get to and from work on a daily basis with a schedule that may vary.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
*Our organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Apply online at Zip Recruiter https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/56c42d82
Or Contact Jodie Anselmo at email@example.com
Email Subject Line: Application for Machine Operator