*All employment opportunities are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Engineer Technician
Compensation: $40,000 to $45,000 Annually
Benefits Offered: Life, Dental, Medical, 401K, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
Entry level position work directly with our Project Engineer assisting with a variety of duties in Engineering Department. Primary duties include using SolidWorks software to produce CAD drawings as instructed, performing product testing, providing accurate documentation on products, and assisting the Project Engineer with general daily tasks in a fast-paced work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES (Include, but not limited to):
- Providing support and working directly with the Engineering staff assisting with a variety of general daily tasks as assigned.
- Creating CAD drawings and 3D models.
- Preparing detail drawings for products or equipment for design layouts, including lighting, cables, electrical or mechanical components, parts, and assemblies; illustrating views of all sections.
- Calculating necessary dimensions and determining needed quantities of materials and parts.
- Ability to produce accurate scale layouts of parts, assemblies, or devices and redesigns, designs; adapting parts and components as required.
- Producing design assignments and designing standard parts and components.
- Must be able to follow written and demonstrated operating and maintenance instructions for tools/machinery, and utilize relevant manuals for adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Performing various types of product documentation as instructed.
- Performing product testing and test results reporting.
- Assembling, integrating and testing current and prototype products.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to accurately make advanced dimensional calculations.
- Ability to work as a team to accomplish daily tasks.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment that requires multi-tasking.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; with staff and management.
- Analytical, technical and proficient at troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations and Microsoft Office programs.
- Basic knowledge of general assembly processes, warehouse tasks and warehouse equipment.
- Ability to use company ERP system.
- Ability to learn quickly and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, lift, push, pull and move about the facility.
- Ability to safely and effectively operate testing equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a minimum of 12 months previous experience working in a like or similar position.
- Minimum of 24 months CAD design experience.
- General understanding of electrical/electricity, lighting systems; and mechanical design helpful.
- SolidWorks training (CSWP Certificate preferred – CSWA Certificate minimum).
- Work will be performed in a warehouse/plant type environment; as well as at a workstation, cubicle, desk and/or office area.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee’s participation in order to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Apply at https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/032e25e0