Job Title: Eastern Regional Sales Manager
Reports to: National Sales Manager
Aggressive Midwest manufacturer of electrical specialty lighting and wiring solutions for the residential and commercial contractor is recruiting for a Regional Sales Manager to oversee our network of independent sales rep agencies in the eastern region of the U.S. This position is responsible for managing the sales activities of the Manufacturer’s Representatives (MR) towards the successful achievement of the corporate and regional marketing and sales objectives. The primary focus of this position is to successfully increase sales and market penetration at the rate established by the annual business plan goals.
- Meet and exceed corporate and regional sales objectives.
- Hire, direct, train and motivate the MR Sales Team.
- Assist MR in the development of their annual sales plan.
- Understand and communicate the current competitor in the field.
- Communicate with Production, Accounting, Marketing, and Inside Sales to achieve complete customer satisfaction.
- Spend a minimum of 75% of time in the field working with the MR.
- Maintain a positive and ongoing relationship with all customers; especially Top 50.
- Manage and assist with distributor shows and training; as well as participation in all trade shows in the region.
- Initiate changes in any territory where a particular MR is not performing to the agreed upon standards. Initiate search and interviewing process to secure a replacement.
- Assist in identifying new product and promotional opportunities within the region and communicate these to the company.
- Represent EPCO in a professional manner at all times and promote professionalism and goodwill within the distributor network.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in business; or related fields.
- Minimum of 5+ years of electrical industry outside sales experience.
- Previous experience in the industry and as a territory/rep manager.
- Experience successfully applying coaching and motivation skills.
- Business development experience, rep management experience required.
- Requires the ability to travel by car, plane and other methods of transportation 75% of the time.
- General knowledge of the overall product line, pricing practices and electrical industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with computer programs: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
Must be able to work from a home office and while traveling in accordance with the companies telecommuting policy.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
Go to our Zip Recruiter Link for this position and apply: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/34e86c77?source=share-email
When applying for this position applicants MUST submit the following:
- Compensation Requirements
- Business References
Contact Amy Karrow, Human Resources Manager at 763-234-8636 with any questions related to this opportunity!