*This employment opportunity is located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Buyer
Benefits: Life, 401K, Vision, Medical, Dental
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Materials & Supply Chain Manager
Responsible for purchasing materials, components, and supplies for specified vendors. This includes all company MRO (Maintenance Repair & Operations) items. Interact with vendors regarding product, price, service, and delivery date. Maintain records of purchases, delivery dates, costs, and consigned stock status. Effectively maintains the ETA dates in the system and expedites orders for material fluctuations.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with specified vendors (Domestic and International).
- Purchase components and materials from assigned vendors. Ensure that all purchase order dates are current and accurate.
- Negotiate with specified vendors on price, delivery, and quality standards that will allow EPCO/PDU to meet margin objectives while achieving customer expectations.
- Enter and maintain purchasing information in the ERP system daily.
- Update and maintain records of purchase orders and other pertinent documentation.
- Document and communicate cost variances for specified vendors to Supply Chain Manager and Sales and ensure current and accurate cost information is updated in the ERP system.
- Partner with Production, Maintenance, and Engineering to gain an understanding of EPCO's MRO needs.
- Work with the accounting department to ensure accuracy of invoices and wire transfers are on time, up-to-date, and documented.
- Work with sales to develop quotes on special projects and orders.
- Review consigned stock inventories with Supply Chain Manager to determine the appropriate supply of materials on a monthly basis. Quarterly Review of slow-moving items.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, AND SKILLS:
- Support the Purchasing Department in setting and achieving department policy, KPIs, and objectives.
- Capable of acquiring functional knowledge of company products and assigned commodities.
- Conduct business with other departments and suppliers in a timely, cooperative manner, promoting courtesy, objectivity, and fairness.
- Travel to domestic locations to enhance relations, improve operations, or analyze and remedy supplier issues.
- Assist in supplier audits, qualifications, and certifications for purchased and production materials.
- Enhance professional development by attending continuing education seminars and reading related publications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with an emphasis on Microsoft Office applications. Use and create Excel documents that provide clear analysis.
- Ability to exercise considerable independent judgment and discretion.
- Individual contributor. No direct reports.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing, Operations Management, Supply Chain, Engineering, or a related business area.
- Minimum of three years experience as a Purchasing professional in a manufacturing environment or similar.
- Functional knowledge of domestic and international purchasing and sourcing methods and concepts.
- Technical aptitude, including but not limited to the ability to read technical diagrams and drawings to determine product specifications.
- Demonstrated expertise in sourcing and supply chain tools, such as e-Auctions, Kanban, VMI, and project management.
All positions require working well with more than one department and individuals in various roles and working well independently to complete the essential functions required.
- Work will be performed in a business casual office setting where separate workstations/cubes or offices are set up for employees working in the office area.
- Must work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee's participation to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee's responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout their employment.
- Employees must always abide by company safety procedures to maintain a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must always be worn while performing duties requiring PPE use. This includes PPE related to protecting employees against COVID-19.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
- This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
- Nothing within this job description should be interpreted as establishing an employment contract or agreement. All employees of the company are employed at will.