Job Title: Accounts Receivable / Collections Clerk
Compensation: $42,000 to $47,000 Annually
Reports To: Finance Manager
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Accounts Receivable Collections clerk position is primarily responsible for collections and accounts receivable duties. Additional duties required include, but are not limited to; back up/assist as required the accounts payable clerk during days off from work/vacation periods, cover the reception desk and duties on a daily basis as directed or needed; and other duties noted below and as assigned by the Finance Manager.
Perform Accounts Receivable Function
- Prepare and enter cash receipts, handling short payments and “on account” payments, prepare and enter A/R adjustments, and prepare cash reports.
- Set up customers, requesting automatic payments, and process payments.
- Process all credit card payments utilizing the online systems.
- Set up and process online billing for customer requiring online billing.
- Process month end reports and closing procedures in Syspro.
- Process and print month end reports per M/E printing schedule.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manage Accounts Receivable Portfolio
- Contact customers with delinquent account balances.
- Negotiate with debtors that are late in invoice payments.
- Identify and resolve short payment issues.
- Prepare adjustments of customer account balances.
- Propose the write off of uncollectable balances.
- Conduct Credit Investigation.
- Establish credit lines for individual accounts.
- Extend credit to customers in accordance with established credit policy.
- Order and analyze reports from credit reporting agencies.
- Contact suppliers to investigate credit references.
- Establish and maintain new customer credit files.
- Manage General Credit Procedures.
- Authorize and release orders over the customer’s credit limit.
- Maintain credit files for all active company customers online.
- Perform Cash Disbursement Function.
- Print checks according to established schedule and give to Accounts.
- Loading ACH and Positive-Pay files.
- Assist the Finance Manager with the entry of journal entries into Syspro.
- Reconcile accounts and provide analysis.
- Prepare sales and use tax reports on a quarterly basis.
- Phone back up for receptionist during lunch breaks, days off and whenever deemed necessary.
- Other duties deemed necessary as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Computer skills with the capabilities to use all Microsoft Office software including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- The ability to learn new computer software programs and systems as the position demands.
- A minimum of two years previous Accounts Receivable experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and to make appropriate decisions.
- The ability to process work with efficiency and accuracy.
- The ability to organize and maintain accurate electronic file systems and records.
- The ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 10 lbs. on a regular, daily, but not constant basis.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Requires the ability to use all general office equipment including a telephone, computer, copy machine, postage machine and/or any other applicable equipment required of the position.
- May demand infrequent light physical effort.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2-4 years post high school education, certificate/degree with emphasis in accounting.
- Minimum of two years Accounts Receivable experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 2-4 years previous experience working with ERP systems; Syspro a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed or required in order to assist with the performance of the activities described.
All position requires the ability to work well with more than one department and individuals in a variety of positions; as well as the ability to work well independently in order to complete the essential functions required.
- Work will be performed in a business casual office setting where separate workstations/cubes and/or offices are set up for employees working in the office area. This is NOT a telework position.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee’s participation in order to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employ.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
*Our organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.