Job Title: Accounts Receivable (AR) and Collections Clerk II (Not a Telework Position)
Compensation: $45,000 to $50,000 Annually
Reports To: Finance Manager
Benefits Offered: 401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Employment Type: Full-Time
HIRING BONUS: $2500
This is a newly added position created to support the needs of our finance team. This position requires a minimum of five years of experience in AR, Credit, and Collections, preferably within a manufacturing environment.
- Accurately and consistently prepare and enter cash receipts, handling short payments and "on account" payments, prepare and enter A/R adjustments, and prepare cash reports.
- Set up customers, requesting automatic payments, and process payments.
- Process all credit card payments utilizing the online systems.
- Set up and process online billing for customers requiring online billing.
- Conduct credit investigations and establish credit lines for individual accounts.
- Extend credit to customers following established credit policy.
- Order and analyze reports from credit reporting agencies.
- Contact suppliers to investigate credit references.
- Establish and maintain new customer credit files.
- Manage general credit procedures.
- Authorize and release orders over the customer's credit limit.
- Maintain credit files for all active company customers online.
- Contact customers with delinquent account balances.
- Negotiate with debtors that are late in invoice payments.
- Identify and resolve short payment issues.
- Prepare adjustments of customer account balances.
- Propose the write-off of uncollectable balances.
- Process month-end reports and closing procedures in Syspro.
- Process and print month-end reports per M/E printing schedule.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Phone back up for receptionist during lunch breaks, days off, and whenever deemed necessary.
- Back up for Accounts Payable Clerk during lunch breaks, time off (vacation) as needed.
- Other duties considered as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Intermediate to above-average level computer skills. Able to use all Microsoft Office software, including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- The ability to learn new computer software programs and systems, as the position demands.
- A minimum of five years of previous accounts receivable experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and to make appropriate decisions.
- The ability to process work with efficiency and accuracy.
- The ability to organize and maintain accurate electronic file systems and records.
- The ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously with attention to detail, accuracy, and consistency.
- Strong math skills.
- Intermediate to expert level data entry and typing skills
- Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Ability to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 10 lbs. on a regular, daily, but not constant basis.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Requires the ability to use all general office equipment, including a telephone, computer, copy machine, postage machine, and any other applicable equipment required of the position.
- May demand infrequent light physical effort.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- A combination of education and experience may be accepted.
- Minimum of five years of experience in collections, accounts receivables, and credit.
- Five years of previous experience working with ERP systems; Syspro a plus.
The work environment characteristics described here represent those employee encounters while performing this job's essential functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made as needed or required to assist with the performance of the activities described.
All position requires the ability to work well with more than one department and individuals in various roles and work well independently to complete the essential functions required.
- THIS JOB IS NOT A TELEWORK OPPORTUNITY. The position cannot accommodate working from home as it requires filing, backing up reception/front desk, assisting with the mail, and working with the other finance team members. Work will be performed in a business casual office setting where separate workstations/cubes and offices are set up for employees working in the office area.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee's participation to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee's responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout their employ.
- Employees are always required to abide by company safety procedures to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must always be worn while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
*Our organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.