*This employment opportunity is located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
Compensation: $23.50 to $24.50 Hourly ***SIGNING BONUS***
Benefits: Life, 401K, Vision, Medical, Dental, PTO
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for performing various accounting and clerical tasks related to the accounts payable function. These duties generally include receiving, processing, and verifying invoices, tracking and recording purchase orders, and processing payments.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is also responsible for providing a wide variety of clerical support and performing general receptionist duties daily, thereby assisting the Presidents, Accounting, Human Resources, Sales and Marketing, and other staff members as needed or required.
- Answers main phone line. Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website, and other related information.
- Professionally greets and properly assists and directs visitors.
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services as needed.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining all office supplies.
- May be required to assist with other related clerical duties and special projects as needed or directed.
- Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoices/expense reports; recording entries.
- Pays vendors by scheduling and preparing checks and resolving purchase orders, contracts, invoices, or payment discrepancies and documentation.
- Ensures credit is received for outstanding adjustments.
- Issues stop payments.
- Pays employees by receiving, verifying expense reports, and preparing expense checks.
- Maintains required confidentiality of company information.
- Prints invoices to distribute for approvals and/or data entry.
- Prints accounts payable reports and forwards to accounting.
- Files accounts payable paperwork.
- Receives paperwork from the warehouse, sorts, and matches to vendor invoices.
- Enters freight bills and accounts payable Invoices into the system.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Additional duties as assigned or directed by the manager.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, AND SKILLS:
- Must be able to type 40-45 wpm. ·
- Must be reasonably proficient in MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Must have the ability to become proficient in the company's ERP system and other software or technology used within the Accounting Department.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must have a solid working knowledge of accounts payable and office administrative procedures. ·
- Must know how to operate standard office equipment at a level generally acquired through three or more years of related experience.
- Must have the proven ability to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various accounts payable and administrative problems and prioritize work.
- Must be organized and able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to perform duties that require continual attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials, establishing priorities, and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to work well independently and with a team.
- This position does not require the supervision of subordinates.
- Requires the ability to sit for extended periods.
- Requires the ability to use office equipment including a telephone, computer, 10-key, a fax machine, copy machine, postage machine, and any other applicable equipment required of the position.
- May demand infrequent light physical effort.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A high school diploma or GED (equivalent) is required.
- Related degree or certificate in accounting field preferred.
- A minimum of 36-48 months of accounts payable experience is required.
All position requires the ability to work well with more than one department and individuals in various roles and work well independently to complete the essential functions required.
- Work will be performed in a business casual office setting where separate workstations/cubes and offices are set up for employees working in the office area.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties that may require more than one employee's participation to complete the task.
- Will also be required to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Must be able to work well independently and with a team.
- Must abide by the company's dress code.
- Must maintain an acceptable level of personal hygiene standards.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee's responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout their employment.
- Employees are always required to abide by company safety procedures to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard-free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must always be worn while performing job duties that require the use of PPE. This includes PPE related to protecting employees against COVID-19.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed, or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time as deemed necessary.
This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as establishing an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of the company are employed at will.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
To Apply send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Jodie Anselmo, Recruiter, for additional information at 612-930-9396.
About Engineered Products Company
Engineered Products Company is an award-winning family-owned organization with over 40 years of experience in the specialty electrical environment. We have an experienced group of employees in all divisions who excel in their individual roles by meeting the company goals and team metrics. All of our employees are considered leaders, achievers, and individuals who strive to perform at their very best each day!
We offer our full-time employees:
- A great work environment
- A family-owned company with over 40 years of experience
- 401K with a company match
- Profit-sharing bonuses for non-sales manager roles
- Aggressive commission plans for regional sales managers
- Medical plans with an accompanying health savings account
- Dental benefits
- Voluntary vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short /long-term disability plans.
If you are a hard-working, quality-driven, self-starter who has the work ethic and drive to be a part of our team and you have the required experiences we need to fill our open positions, please apply immediately!
We appreciate the fact that you have considered Engineered Products Company as a potential employer, and we are looking forward to having the opportunity to meet with you about becoming a part of our family!
Engineered Products Company is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.