*All employment opportunities are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Machine Operator – Wire Room
Pay Range: $17-$22 per hour D.O.E.
Shifts: 1st Shift – Start Time is 5am – 1:30pm; Must have reliable transportation as public transportation is limited.
Responsible for performing daily machine operation of wire cutting and wire processing equipment in the Wire Room. Includes operation, set-up, and some troubleshooting and preventive maintenance. Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Responsible for daily operations, set-up and preventive maintenance of wire processing equipment and machines/other equipment as assigned.
- Maintain and assist with minor repairs for wire processing equipment and machines.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on wire processing equipment and machines, to include documenting and updating maintenance files.
- Process wire for the assembly department production lines and pigtail production needs.
- Ensure the quality of product being processed meets the established quality standards.
- Perform quality inspections and maintain quality inspection logs.
- Maintain and update ERP (computer system) related information on a daily basis to include the following:
- Bin transfers
- Update/Maintain work orders
- Perform on-hand details for specified part numbers.
- Maintain a clean working environment by cleaning entire work area at the end of the each shift.
- Maintain safety standards and war all required personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Previous Machine Operator Experience (minimum of 6 months for entry level Machine Operators).
- Able to use automatic equipment and hand tools effectively and safely as a part of the assembly process.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbaly and in writing.
- Ability to read and comprehend basic equipment operations, specifications and work orders.
- Knowledge of basic computer operations.
- Possess basic mechanical aptitude.
- Perform basic mathematics and measurements.
- Ability to work independently without a lot of direction from a lead or supervisor.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between colors.
- Ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 75 lbs (intermittent basis).
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time throughout the day.
- Ability to work in a fast paced warehouse environment as a team and independently.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
When applying for this position please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume (or completed application)
- Compensation Requirements
- Business References
YOU MUST REFERENCE “APPLICATION FOR MACHINE OPERATOR – WIRE ROOM: JOB CODE MOWIRE16” IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE WHEN APPLYING
Call Amy Karrow – Human Resources Manager – at 763-234-8636 with any questions.