*All employment opportunities are located in Minnetonka, Minnesota*
Job Title: Fixture Whip Assembler (Whip Line)
Report to: Production Lead and Production Supervisor
Responsible for the general assembly of fixture whips, AC whips and various production line assemblies. Individuals in this position must follow established standard procedures and work instructions for assembly. This position works under the close supervision of the assembly lead. Regular and consistent attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Responsible for the daily completion and fulfillment of assembly work orders:
- Assembling connectors on conduit
- Inserting wires in conduit in accordance with the specified color codes
- Placing UL Labels on conduit
- Tying off wire leads at the end of conduit whips using designated equipment and machines
- Lifting and loading conduit bundles on and off an assembly table.
- Loading and unloading racks of wire (35 lbs).
- Operate other assembly machines and equipment.
- Other duties assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Requires general assembly skills with 3-6 months of previous experience in a similar role.
- Require the ability to independently follow instructions communicated in English; both verbally and in writing.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively with peers.
- Requires the ability to stand at a workstation while completing assembly duties.
- Requires the ability to lift, push, pull and carry up to 40 lbs on a regular basis.
- Requires the ability to perform repetitive assembly operations.
- Requires the ability to operate basic power tools, equipment, and pneumatic screwdrivers.
- Requires the ability to lift conduit bundles of 10 (20 lbs) into barrels.
- Requires the ability to load and unload racks of wire and conduit bundles (20-35 lbs).
- Requires the basic computer skills to review orders in an ERP system, print documents, review virtual information, etc.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required.
- Employees must abide by all company policies. It is the employee’s responsibility to stay abreast of policy and procedure changes throughout the duration of their employment.
- Employees are required to abide by company safety procedures at all times in order to ensure the maintenance of a safe and hazard free work environment.
- Proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) must be worn at all times while performing job duties that require the use of PPE.
- Employees may be required to perform other duties not specified in their job descriptions as requested, directed or assigned.
- Management reserves the right to modify job description at any time as deemed necessary.
*This job description is not all-inclusive and may be amended at any time.
*Providing employees with a job description does not imply, nor should it be interpreted as the establishment of an employment contract or agreement of any kind. All employees of EPCO are considered to be employed at-will.
*Our organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY: Interested in joining our award winning team?
When applying for this position please submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume (or completed application)
- Compensation Requirements
- Business References
YOU MUST REFERENCE JOB CODE: “ACWHIP16” IN YOUR SUBJECT LINE WHEN APPLYING
Call Amy Karrow – Human Resources Manager – at 763-234-8636 with any questions.